There are two methods of aftercare that are provided in the studio, depending on how your artist has dressed your tattoo.
If you got a second skin ‘Dermalise’ on your tattoo:
• You can leave it up to 1-2 days & change it whenever it gets dirty, too loose or full of liquid. Follow your artists recommendations.
• The easiest way to remove it is in the shower. Gently rub off the remaining glue with unscented soap. Do not force it.
• Moisturise the tattoo lightly with antiseptic tattoo cream whenever it gets dry.
• Healing time is usually 2-4 weeks depending on the piece.
If you were given a clingfilm wrap on your tattoo:
• Change your wrap 3 times a day.
• After the removal of clingfilm, wash the area with water & unscented soap.
• Pat dry with a clean paper towel and let air for a few minutes.
• Repeat doing the same procedure every 4 hours and keep covering the tattoo with a cling film for the first 2 days only.
• Apply a thin layer of aftercare cream and massage into the skin to the point where it just barely looks moist.
• Keep your tattoo clean with antiseptic soap and water during the day.
• Repeat this process for 2-4 weeks depending on the how the tattoo looks.
- The tattoo will peel like sunburn after a few days. It is completely normal. If it does scab in a few areas this is nothing to worry about, just let them fall off on their own. Do not scratch or pick at them and do NOT over-saturate in the shower. This could soften them up too much and cause them to come off prematurely which will leave blank spots that will need touching up.
- During the healing process (up to 4 weeks), no swimming pools, no jacuzzis, no soaking in the water of any kind, no heavy working outs in the gym or any sport activities that might damage the tattoo!
- Do not expose your fresh tattoo to the sun as the ink will fade away – especially the coloured ones. You can use natural & organic sunblock cream, but please NO fake tan.
- Be aware that studios touch up policy is up to 2 months after the tattoo has been done, after that period it will be touched up at the client’s expense.
Please pop in and say hello when tattoo is fully healed, we would love to see it!